Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

Weekend and dancing

Saturday night most of us volunteers went to Salaverry (which is only maybe a ten min walk from us) to eat dinner. We had a good time there and they had the best tres leches torta with whipped cream. Yumm! Then we went back to the alburgue and there was talk about dancing, I wasn't really up for it because we were going into Huanchaco the next day after church, but Sam conned me into it. So I went. What an experiance! First of all it was only 5 soles ( about $1.70), at home we pay about $10 to go dancing. I was speechless ha! So we were early, but people came in fairly soon after. It got crowded fast. The music is mostly reggaeton and salsa. We went with some of our Peruvian friends and they taught us some moves. It was really cool how the guys there can really dance and not just move from one foot to the other like at home. II think the guys could dance better than the girls! So with much laughter and apologies we made it through the night. I like to think that I did a decent job of learning the salsa/other dance moves but who knows...hahaha! My legs, mainly my calves are sore from dancing. What a great workout! They did play about three english songs. They were the oddest choices I thought, some songs from the late 90's and then of course the ultimate song "Apple Bottom Jeans" hahahahahha! I about fell on the ground laughing when I hard that song (reminds me of those good ole cheerleading days)!!!
The next day we went to Centro Biblico Church (the Elliot's church). Yes as in Jim Elliot's brother started this church! How cool is that! Then we went to Huanchaco to see the beach (it's much prettier than ours here) and grab lunch. We ate at this Mexican place that tasted like weird peruvian mexican and it was over priced. Then we looked at jewelry and walked along the board walk. I was hoping it would be warm by then, but I think it only got colder as the day went on. We had a good time but I left my camera battery in the charger so I will have to get pictures next time I go. We are thinking about camping on the beach! Then we went back into Trujillo to buy fruit and I have to say it is so nice to buy fresh fruit that doesn't have a sticker on it or been enhanced.
I will tell more about the kids later. Thanks for your prayers!

0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass