Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







1

Father I am running, Father I am coming home. Back to where I belong

Strip away my calloused heart
Set Your arrow hit Your mark
Bring me back to where love starts
Bring me back to where You are

Father I'm running Father I'm coming home
I cannot go onYour child is running, Father I'm coming home
Back where I belong

I know You've heard this all before
When I'm down and crying on the floor
Saying I want You and nothing more

But I'm breaking in my heart tonight
I've tried to stand I've tried to fight
But I cannot see without Your light
No I cannot breathe without You

-This is a song by Phil Wickham called Home. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with his work, but he is truly an amazing and honest song writer. He hits you where it hurts. As I was listening to this song I realized that God is bringing me home, not my home with my family or even my new home here, but to His home. To His heart. That is my home. Everyday He reminds me that this life is not my own, it is His and I have to let Him lead the way, fight the fight, breathe for me, because without HIM I can NOTHING!!! I cannot go on without Him, so I have to run to Him. He is truly leading me back where I belong.

This week has been more challenging for me. It has been because God wants me not to lean on and trust in man, but in Him. Yesterday was my first day of working with Kevin. Kevin is one of our 15 yr olds. He goes to school until 9am then works with me until noon. He has the mind of about a 9 yr old and has to be prodded and you have to watch him always to make sure he gets his work done the right way and without playing around. So yesterday we dug 2 compost holes and filled them with rotten vegetables and weeds. Then we started to till the soil in one of the gardens. It was hard work and I had to constantly get onto him and keep telling him to work. It was a long morning but we got alot done. The gardens still need much much work.

That afternoon, a few boys from the Tesoros house came to work in their garden and they were so good at digging up all the veggies. They then were supposed to start digging up the soil when they found worms. They were so fascinated with the worms that they made homes for them, and they founf the mother and father worms for all the tiny children worms. It was soooo funny! I let them keep digging for worms because not only were they having the best time, they were actually getting the soil dug up! After that, I had hair practice with Yuliana. She is in regular school as well as cosmotology school. She needs alot of practice with her motor skills. I am her new doll. She gets to practice styles and rolling my hair 5 days a week. Yay me. I was miserable yesterday. It hurt really bad, and I don't like people touching my hair. As I sat in the chair I thought about how God is making me flexible, and also I heard kids playing outside and how much I wanted to be out there playing with them, than sitting there getting my hair done. On the brightside, my hair will look nice for the end of the day! HA!

This morning a few of us newbies went on a tour of the city of Trujillo, it was pretty good but I fell asleep in the post office. I was really tired from walking and the work I did the day before. But on the bus ride home I sat next to a woman named Matilla. She is from Salaverry which is right down the road from where we live and she was really nice. So nice she gave me her phone number. We talked about kids drinking and how many cows there were, what her family did for a living, where I was from, how many schools there were in Moche. It was a good bus ride. I was very thankful I could understand most of what she was saying and was able to talk to her the entire way! It was good! God id good!

Time to use my muscles in the garden again! I think I may start to get stronger by working there everyday! YAY! haha! Love to you all :)

Susanna

1 walks down the lane:

Hermes and Alleen said...

Susannah! What an awesome blog. I love it!! I am so thankful you are there. Kevin made a HUGE impression on me when we first did Twin Lakes in Jan. 2008. I am so thankful he has you to work with him. What a blessing you are to so many! I am so thankful for you and proud of you! Hope to see you Sunday.

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass