Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

This glass is so transparent I can see the pain


Today I had the privledge of getting to stay in one of the girls houses (bc it is labor day) and I have to share this moment with you.

To set the scene I was in the living room helping out with math homework, I had 3-4 girls asking for me to make up problems/check their work. Getting a little crazy. I heard a cry of one of the girls from the other room. She pretends to cry at times, but is really laughing, so I ingnored her. But after a couple of minutes I had enough and shouted, "you sound like (a girl in the other house), such a crier." I was hoping this would shut her up. Nope. She kept on, so I left my spot and went to see what was up. I found her curled up on the floor by her closet with big crocodile tears pouring out of her sad brown eyes. I tried tickling her to get her up, but ended up having to pick her up like a little baby (she is 6). I held her and waked over to her bed where I tried to get the story out of her. She mumbled something and then proceeded to tell me she got in a fight with another girl over something silly. As I held her I found myself at a loss for words. I don't know what happened to me, but everything I tried to say just came out weird and awkward. So I just sat there holding her like a baby and trying to calm her down. As I sat and looked into her eyes I saw who she was. Her past. Her new life here. Her hurt. A scared, upset little girl who needed a mother.  Her eyes told me she was alone in the world. Not only is she here away from her family, but worst of all her mother died a few years ago. I looked at her and saw her pain. I wanted to cry. My heart was hurting so much for this little one. Here I was a temporary "mom" trying to do my best, and I knew that my best would never be even good enough for her. As she cried I started to tear up. The pain was awful and I could feel it seeping out of her body and it spread all around me. It was like it escaped through her tears or something. I think she needed that cry so bad to release a bit of that hidden pain. The actual "problem" got solved, but there is a bigger problem that is still there, and probably always will be. Pray for our little ones who have lost their moms or dads. They try and cover up the pain, but you can't do it forever.

0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass