Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







1

La Campina


Yesterday was John's birthday (the volunteer not to be confused with the 2 yr old I babysit), and we took him on a surprise trip to the Campina! This is a little piece of countryside near Salaverry and Moche, a small peice of heaven here in the Trujillo area. The Huacas are located here as well, making it a popular place for the tourists. However, our trips to "la campina" or "Javier's" are never, may I repeat, never touristy. We are now dear friends to this rather large family of brothers, nieces, nephews, throw in a grandmother and a few wives! So we spent this birthday night listening and dancing to the guys play some newer but a lot of older traditional music, eating good sudado and chicharron, and salsa dancing well past our appropriate bedtimes (9pm haha!). As we were saying our goodbyes and see you laters, I was talking with one of the girls about how much I love this little hidden treasure (our friends) and how much culture there was here. La campina and all it comes with will be greatly missed by all of us, but well remembered in our hearts and ears (as we have their cd!). Thank you Robyn for letting us join your "campina family".

-I googled La campina de Moche and these pics were 1st!



The brother's band!


This is their workshop.
They make traditional Moche pottery. Also here is the Moche god "Aiapeac" a very popular design in the area. Mom be expecting great pottery with this guy on it!

1 walks down the lane:

Robyn Hanson said...

You're welcome! I miss days like this! They will always be my family and one day we'll be together again! :) I'm so glad you guys can share in this! Love ya and miss ya, running buddy!

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass