Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

Why I am still in the US?




So what I thought was going to be a quick nice trip home for Thanksgiving turned into a long frustrating 2 weeks...er well i am still here so make it three.
It all started in the Linea bus station Saturday morning before Thanksgiving. Sam and I were waiting for Oscar to pick us up and we were going to look around Lima before we had to get to the airport. So while I was brushing my teeth Sam was watching our stuff. While doing so she got distracted by some very clever men and they stole my backpack. I came back and casually asked Sam where it was and then we started to freak out. It was kinda scary. We went to the police station and then to the embassy where they were really ugly to us and we sat there and cried for a good while. After we got it into our heads that nothing could happen until Monday morning. So Sam left and I stayed with Oscar and his family until I could leave. They were so nice to me. Told me that there home was my home. There I saw the love of Christ. I had a great time at church and spending time with them at the house and running to the store. I hope that I can help someone the way they helped me. So Monday came and we went to the Embassy to get my temporary passport and everything went smoothly until that afternoon. After lunch we all took naps and then missed the time that we were supposed to pick up my passport. Well I could blame us but I would like to blame Lima because it is soooooo stinkin huge. I mean it took us aver an hour to get anywhere. I would not like to live in a city that big at all. I do think I prefer the quaint quiet little towns that I have lived in. So I had to postpone my flight again and wait until the next day to pick up my passport. So the next day came and we picked it up early and i made my flight that night. I was able to talk to a few people on the way home about what I am doing in Peru and what Hogar de Esperanza is all about. That was really cool. People seemed really interested and asked tons of questions.


So I got home and had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving with my family. It was small but nice. We had all of the wonderful Thanksgiving goodies and good coffee to go with it! I enjoyed my next couple of days at home with my family and I even got to see Vanessa! That was a nice surprise. We had a great time. I got everything ready and we headed to Jackson to visit some friends before I had to go down to New Orleans. I got to surprise my old cheer coach Dana and I had a great time getting to see my cheerleaders.



So then I had a great visit with my grandmother and we stayed with Mrs. Broomfield. It was really nice. So then we went to NO and got to the airport and I got rejected for not having a permanent passport. So we drove all the way back home 5 hours. I was crushed. I was heartbroken. I wanted so bad to be back in Peru. I had already been gone from the Alburgue for a week and a half and was so ready to see my children. So I called the Alburgue when I got home and talked to Lori about what was going on.

So for as now I am here in MS waiting to go to NO to get a new passport and then change my flight. I feel like I have missed so much in the past 2 weeks. I really miss my Peruvian family and even though I LOVE my family, friends, and my country my heart is currently in Peru with those kids.

So for now I am in Jackson and enjoying time with my friends. We went to the dance and then played in the SNOW! Kasey and I were like little children in the snow. It was such a great night! Tonight we are going to the Traditional Singing Christmas Tree at Belhaven. So for now I guess I just have to enjoy my time here with my friends and family.

Wishing to be in Peru.

0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass