Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

Fads go out like the tide....often.

Ok my post has nada to do with the title, I just couldn't think of anything good.


So those of you who are around me will know (maybe some of you you aren't as well) you will know that I still talk (a lot) and am impacted by my year in Peru. Hogar de Esperanza was my home, if I went back today it would be like returning to a home away from home. I made friends with people who will always be there for me (even far away), I have mentors and children there. It is home. So, therefore, I cannot get it out of my head, night or day. I often day dream about being there, thinking that the kids are just around the corner. But I often, very often dream about it at night. I have these vivid real life dreams about the kids, my friends, co-workers, and our lives together. I wake up in the morning shocked to see my sister's bed in the room with mine, realizing I am not in Peru after all but at my parents house in the US.

My church has decided to do these "faith promises" where we outside of tithing also pray for and/or support a mission that is connected to our church. There have been a lot of promises made for this year! I have been struggling with making one because financially I am not doing so good, but I know that is where the faith part comes in. Pastor Alex wants us to have that faith to give what we are not sure that we can give, because God will provide. But another thing is I don't know much about any of these missions (as I have been gone off to college and Peru the past 6 years) so I wouldn't know who to give money to.

All of this to say, last night I had a dream that I signed a paper saying I would give $25 a month to Hogar de Esperanza this year, and in my dream I wasn't making any money but God wanted me to support them. I didn't think much about it this morning as I woke up or even throughout the day, but just a minute ago I got an email (the church body did) about the "faith promises" that were made. I have decided that God does really want me to step out, have faith, and watch him help me as I give even a measly $25 a month to Hogar. I know it isn't my church related but I really feel this is what He wants me to do this year. I pray that He would give me the faith to promise this amount every month and more in the future. Those kids and adults made such an impact on my life, I hope I can return the favor in this small way!

Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass