Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

Home

So while sandboarding in my backyard in sunny Peru, those in my home town got hit by a tornado. We have always had tornadoes since I can always remember. I remember never being afraid but rather fascinated that the sky could turn so black and th wind could go so fast. Then comes the hail, sometimes as big as small baseballs. Finally if you are unlucky you see the tornado. I remember trying to wait by the windows so I could catch a glimpse of one. But my smart father would always rush us into their bedroom closet so that if it hit the house we would be safe. And then there was the sound. Like a train coming through. I remember the endless drills at school, how painfully boring they were. I remember thinking that I wished we could have earthquake drills just because they were different. (very thankful now that we do not live on a fault line, especially after having been in Peru during a few earthquakes here and around us). But even through the worst of the tornado winds God always protected us and those around us.

So like I was saying, yesterday Choctaw county and Yazoo, MS go hit hard by a tornado. I had no idea until I was on fb later and saw that my parents had no power at the house. I called the phone and found out that thankfully they were safe and the actual town of Weir (ie. our street ha) was fine. But just down the road houses were gone. Nothing there. I was sitting there trying to imagine my entire life just gone in one storm. I couldn't. I also heard that there were a few deaths caused by the storm. I can only praise God for sparing the rest of the county. It was awful, but it could have been so much worse. Think Haiti or more recently Chile. My town, my county, my people....you are in my prayers. May the God of Wonders use this to strengthen you together as a family, the body of Christ. May he bring you together to help one another, to lend a hand to your neighbor or the family in need down the way. I wish I could be there to help out. But God's plans are perfect and His will is being done, even through this hardship. Keep strong and may He be praised through the storm. I love you all, and we here in Peru are praying for you! See you in July!

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift my eyes up to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

"I will praise you in this storm"


Left - a little town in Peru called Cajamarca during an afternoon rainstorm. Right- I am watching the storm.

0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass