Psalm 119:32

"I run in the path of your commands,for you have set my heart free."







0

Yellow


Yellow is my favorite color. It is the color of my room. It is the color of Dante's shirt and 4 wheeler. It is the name of the song I am listening to right now. It reminds me of life, sun, and new beginings.
Lately I have decided to take a step back and observe my surroundings. What is going on around me? What are other people doing? What does this place really look like?

I have come to these conclusions. Here there is love, and with love comes discipline and trust. I see adults here discipling children for the tings they do wrong because they love them. I see children putting their trust in the adults because they love them. There are kids playing with one another, learning, serving, and anything else a kid will do. I see workers dillegently coming to work everyday. Giving up themselves for these children and for God. This place is LOVE. We have Christ in our walls and we are radaiting His love for others in need of it.

I have recently really been able to appreciate the alburgue so much more. I think the more I get to know everyone here and what we are about, I can understand why it is such a beautiful place and why people give up their lives to serve here. I have been able to appreciate the little things in life more, also. Here are a few:
-Sitting in the grass reading to the 5 yr olds.
-Yesterday I was working in the garden, the sun was shining bright, I could hear beautiful music from the kitchen, and the birds were singing. How beautiful.
-making peruvian crafts with Becca while the older girls were on the internet.
-working in the garden with Kevin. Me- Mires tu pais (country) Kevin- Mi pais ti? Me-si tu pai...ummm lo siento (sorry) tu pies (feet). Hilarious moment!
-working in the kitchen the other day Luz had leftover juice from breakfast and me, her, and Filo had a glass. Filo turns around to talk to us and she has this amazing juice mustache! Luz said "tia you look like Santa Clause!" We all laughed and laughed :)
-cooking in the kitchen with Patty on the weekends

These are just a few of the little things that have made my time here beautiful and I am very excited to see what more will come!

I hope all is well with you, wherever you are!
Love to you all.


0 walks down the lane:

Post a Comment

Walk in the grass